|Faculty Treasurer´s Methodological Instruction||No. 1/2020, issued on 2021/09/03|
METHODOLOGICAL INSTRUCTION OF THE TREASURER OF THE FACULTY OF CIVIL ENGINEERING CTU IN PRAGUE
for managing the Faculty in limited operation
I Introductory provisions
- This methodological instruction is issued as a follow-up to the
Dean´s Order on mitigating the risks of coronavirus infection and further
specifies its effect. The provisions of this methodological instruction do not apply in cases where stricter conditions, rules and procedures are
set by legal regulations or other binding measures of a higher legal force 1.
- This methodological instruction can be additionally specified. This will always be done by issuing a full new version of the methodological
instruction, and principal changes will be commented on in the accompanying information. A potential new version of the methodological instruction
will be sent to the students and employees by email and, at the same time, published on the Faculty website.
- This methodological instruction complements the methodological instructions issued by the Vice-Dean for Education and the methodological instructions
issued by the Vice-Dean for Science and Research. In the event of a conflict between this methodological instruction and the methodological
instructions issued by the Vice-Deans, the Vice-Deans´ methodological instructions apply.
II Measures to mitigate risks of infection
- Entering the Faculty building is regulated as follows:
- The entry of visitors (domestic and foreign) to the Faculty building for the purposes of individual visits or group events (activities organized
by the Economic Activity Office, sessions of working groups, inspection committees, etc.) is only allowed via the main entrance. This only applies
in the case that the visitors are not forbidden to enter the Faculty by another regulation.
- The entry to the Faculty building is only allowed to the persons who - once in every 7 days – comply with one of the following V-D-T
2 conditions, namely:
- vaccination when at least 14 days have passed after the application of the last vaccine dose (evidenced by a card or a digital certificate),
- coronavirus disease diagnosed no more than 180 days ago (evidenced by an SMS or a certificate of a positive test result),
- negative PCR test result not older than 7 days (evidenced by a test result certificate),
- negate antigen test result not older than 72 hours (evidenced by a test result certificate),
- on-line test result 3 not older than 24 hours (evidenced by an issued certificate),
- negative on-the-spot antigen test result (for more see Art. II, par. (2) of this Methodological Instruction).
- The compliance with the V-D-T conditions may be verified by random inspections by the head of the employee´s workplace, authorized Technical and
Operating Centre´s staff or an authorized external body 4. Each employee
is obliged to prove compliance with the V-D-T condition upon request.
- Antigen self-tests:
- Antigen self-tests are provided, if necessary, to the students and employees who cannot ensure that another V-D-T condition is met.
- The antigen test result is valid for 72 hours.
- The students obtain antigen self-tests at the front desk by signing for them.
- Antigen self-tests for the employees are distributed to their workplace at the request of the head of the workplace or the person authorized by them once
per month. The application must include a list of employees´ names and the number of tests required for the respective month. Applications
are processed at the Technical and Operating Centre (firstname.lastname@example.org). The workplace is obliged to keep monthly records
of received tests, including their results, and pass them to the Technical and Operating Centre.
- Antigen self-tests for visitors are provided by prior arrangement of the person in charge of them with the Technical and Operating Centre
(email@example.com). The Faculty will provide antigen self-tests to visitors free of charge only in justified cases. The person
in charge must be informed about the test result.
- Rooms B500B (B-167) have been allocated for self-testing purposes at the Faculty. To dispose of the waste generated from testing the waste bins situated in these
rooms should be exclusively used.
- If necessary, a negative antigen self-test result can be proved by an affidavit.
- Meeting at the Faculty is regulated as follows:
- Group of co-workers. The term of a group of co-workers refers to the staff members who regularly get into contact on a daily basis within their work.
A group of co-workers is not a group where regularly meeting staff members and staff members or guests who do not regularly meet on a daily basis
are simultaneously present. A group of co-workers further refers to groups meeting in the framework of investment events or during reviews of grant projects
or another Faculty activity.
- Meetings of groups other than groups of co-workers and related to other than permitted teaching activities may be attended by a maximum of 30 persons
without prior approval. In the case of a meeting of a larger number of persons, if allowed by regulations of a higher legal force, prior Faculty
Treasurer´s approval is required (firstname.lastname@example.org) 5.
- A safe distance of at least 2 metres must be observed during meetings.
- The proceedings of the Faculty bodies can be organized as videoconferences, teleconferences or use voting by correspondence. The use of the above methods is at
the discretion of the respective bodies. The decision must comply with the up-to-date
Rector´s Order and the current level of alertness.
- Business trips are regulated as follows:
- Domestic business trips (including participation in conferences, training sessions, final graduation examinations at other universities, etc.) are allowed providing
the event is held pursuant to the Government regulations currently in force. After the event, the employee is obliged to be extra careful in contact with other
employees and students to minimize the impacts of a potential spread of the infection.
- Business trips abroad (including participation in conferences, etc.) are allowed, but their approval will be assessed in greater detail at the Department of International
Relations, and they may be rejected based on the risks associated with the business trip abroad. It is advisable to consult the intention to go on a business trip
abroad in advance. After the event, the employee is obliged to be extra careful in contact with other employees and students to minimize the impacts of a potential
spread of the infection, and follow the Government regulations currently in force.
- As part of a business trip approval, the employee may ask for respirators. The decision to provide respirators is within the responsibility of the Health and Safety
Department (email@example.com, enter "Respirator Request" in the subject box).
- Economic activity:
- The events organized by the Economic Activity Office must comply with the Government regulations currently in force and the
Rector´s Order (mainly in terms of observing relevant safety
measures and limiting the maximum number of participants).
- LLL events running pursuant to Act No. 111/1998 Coll. On Institutes of Higher Education must also comply with the
Methodological Instruction of the Vice-Dean for Education
currently in force.
- Labour law area:
- Working from home is permitted to employees by their direct superior manager depending on the type of work and the employee´s ability to do the work from home.
In the case of non-academic employees (applying also to newly established employment contracts), an agreement on potential working from home (Home Office) must
be concluded as part of the employment contract.
- In the case of an employee´s quarantine, it is up to the manager to decide whether the employee is able to do their work from home in the Home Office regime.
If so, the work can be performed in this way. Otherwise, the employee becomes incapacitated for work and must supply a Certificate of Incapacity for Work.
- A certificate of the employee´s place of work (if necessary) is issued by the Personnel Department.
- Regional scope of effect:
- This instruction applies to all FCE workplaces in Prague.
- The Josef Gallery follows the regulations currently in force in the respective region (mainly regulations issued by the district public health department) and other
regulations of a higher legal force (mainly the up-to-date
Dean´s Order and a related
Methodological instruction of the Vice-Dean for Education).
The introduction of safety measures in the spirit of this methodological instruction is recommended. In the case of any ambiguity, contact the Faculty Treasurer
- The Mariánská and Telč Training Centres follow the regulations currently in force in the respective regions (mainly regulations issued by the district public health department)
and other regulations of a higher legal force (mainly the up-to-date
Dean´s Order and a related
Methodological instruction of the Vice-Dean for Education).
In the case of any ambiguity, contact the Faculty Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Other general measures :
- Surgical masks or respirators (FFP2/KN95 type) 6 must be worn on the Faculty campus. This face protective
cover may be taken off if there is no other person close, while eating or drinking, and in accordance with regulations of a higher legal force
7 currently in force, i.e., in the Faculty conditions, mainly during examinations.
- Each student and employee is obliged to wash their hands (special disinfectant soap is available at all toilets, not only high-risk surfaces at the Faculty are consistently
and regularly cleaned).
- On entering the Faculty building, hand sanitizer must be used. Hand sanitizer is available at the main entrance and in other selected places at the Faculty.
- In the case that an employee or a student develops symptoms consistent with the coronavirus infection, is put under mandatory quarantine or diagnosed with the coronavirus,
they must follow the Government regulations currently in force, the CTU regulations currently in force
(general information and Rector´s Order) and, at the same time,
inform the Faculty of Civil Engineering coordinator (email@example.com) of their situation. In addition, the students and employees are not
allowed to enter the Faculty in the case of mandatory quarantine or a diagnosed coronavirus disease.
- In the case of just a common cold, the employees are advised to stay home and work from home. They consult this option with their superior manager, who can allow working from
home. In the case of acute health problems corresponding to a viral infectious disease (e.g. shortness of breath, cough, fever, etc.), entering the Faculty building and
meeting other employees and students is forbidden.
- Functional Faculty units such as the buffet, reading room, study, FITNESS centre, stationery shop, etc. will be opened on an individual basis as arranged between the owner
and the Faculty Management.
III Temporary and transitional provisions
- Antigen self-test kits for the students and employees for on-the-spot testing are provided free of charge.
IV Planning mass gathering events
- All mass gathering events must always comply with all regulations, measures and orders of a higher legal force. These are, above all, Government regulations and the Rector´s Order.
The Faculty measures will be issued in accordance with these regulations of a higher legal force, or they may further specify and tighten these regulations.
- Due to constant impending risks of the deterioration of the epidemiological situation, the Faculty issues the following recommendations for holding mass gathering events. The organizers are
recommended, in particular to:
- take into account potential restrictions of the event due to an unexpected development of the situation which cannot be affected by the Faculty,
- budget for potential additional costs associated with the event caused by additional requirements for running the event (e.g. necessity of participants´ testing, specific requirements
for the facilities, etc.),
- inform the participants of the event in advance about the possibility of cancellation due to force majeure and negotiate clear conditions so that the potential threat does not discourage
participants and, at the same time, the event is prepared for such an alternative,
- consider potential distance of hybrid 8 participation while planning the event.
- The risk associated with potential restrictions in an event is primarily borne by the Department which organizes the event.
- In the case that an event is restricted due to the Faculty restrictions which have tightened the regulations of a higher legal force, the Faculty co-participation in covering related
risks can be negotiated.
- In terms of limiting the maximum number of participants, events at the Faculty level will be assessed individually taking into account the type of event and in accordance with regulations of
a higher legal force 9.
V Final provisions
- This methodological instruction replaces the previous version of the Faculty Treasurer´s Methodological Instruction No. 1/2020 for managing the Faculty in restricted operation, version 2021/09/01.
- This methodological instruction comes into effect on 3. 9. 2021.
Ing. Petr Matějka, Ph.D.
E.g., Acts, Decrees, Government resolutions, Ministry guidelines, obligatory measures issued by other bodies, etc.
Vaccination, recovery from coronavirus disease or testing.
This is a novelty when a self-test is performed online under the supervision of a healthcare professional. It does not replace accurate tests, nevertheless, it is equivalent to a self-test.
More information can be found here:
E.g. a public health station, etc.
Approval will be granted as standard. The purpose is to keep records of such events and, if necessary, agree on additional safety measures.
Citing exactly Point 1 of
Government´s extraordinary measure Ref. MZDR 15757/2020-44/MIN/KAN
Pursuant to Point 3 of
Government´s extraordinary measure Ref. MZDR 15757/2020-53/MIN/KAN
Consult the Faculty technical possibilities with the Computing and Information Centre.
E.g. if teaching activities are limited to 30 persons, but holding conferences with up to 100 participants is allowed, the conference for 50 persons will be allowed as standard.