Transp. Structures and Urban Planning
Kód předmětu: 136TSUP
|Introduction to the transportation engineering with the focus on road and railroad infrastructure. Rail transport and its advantages and disadvantages. Railway track and tram track construction. Noise and anti-noise measures. Road design and principles, Environmental aspects of road infrastructure. Pavement design (thickness design) and principles of the pavement structure functions. Crossings and junctions. Construction materials for highway and rail road engineering. Introduction to urban zoning and planning including urbanism. Relationships of urban planning and environmental, economic, culture-social, space and operational aspects of landscape and urban areas. Information to planning tools, procedures and used applications.|
|1. Transport systems, fundamental technical standards and specifications for road design. Environment of municipalities - cultural, socio-economic structure.|
2. Design parameters - horizontal and vertical design elements, minimum radius, design speed. Relationship of municipalities and landscape, natural environment of a town and rural municipality.
3. Plan view - principles and conditions of road horizontal alignment (lining). Horizontal curves, transition curves. Landscape transformation in the historical development.
4. Vertical road alignment - design conditions, vertical curve. Superelevation. Town history in the historical development.
5. Cross-sectional master design, details of cross section elements, road bed, drainage, safety devices. Landscape and countryside settlements - tendencies and problems.
6. Pavement - differentiation, function and materials. Present town and cities - regeneration and redevelopment, decentralization, revitalization etc.
7. Junctions and crossings on roads. Values of build-up areas and urbanization structures, monumental values of municipalities.
8. Asphalt mixtures. Recycling. Traffic calming on municipal roads. Master planning - objectives and principles.
9. Characteristics of railway transportation, horizontal and vertical alignment. Tools of master planning and processes in master planning.
10. Cross-sectional alignment, rail track location in urban and interurban area. Landscape, ecology and development sustainability in the tools of master planning.
11. Layout of rail tracks, high-speed transport, public mass transport. Assessment of sustainability of master plan development, SEA, EIA.
12. Geodetic records, environmental aspects of infrastructural structures. Technical infrastructure for the functioning of municipalities and for sustainable development.
13. Revision, visit to the laboratory.
| Findley D.J., et al.:Highway Engineering: Planning, Design, and Operations, Butterworth-Heinemann, Oxford, 2016, ISBN: 978-0-1280-1248-2 |
 Kühn W.: Fundamentals of Road Design, WIT Press / Computational Mechanics, 2018, ISBN: 978-1-8456-4097-2
 Thom N.: Principles of pavement engineering, Thomas Telford Publishing, 2008, ISBN: 978-0-7277-5853-8
 Nichols C.: Asphalt Mixture Specification and Testing, CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2017, ISBN: 978-1-4987-6405-6
 Krejčiříková H., Špačková H.: Dopravní stavby. Část: Kolejová doprava, ČVUT, 2003, ISBN 80-01-02444-X
|Předmět je zařazen do následujících studijních plánů:|
- studijní plán Building Structures (BD201700_08), skupina Building structures, Compulsory Subjects, 4th semester (BD20170400), dop. semestr 4 (valid from 2017-18 up to 2019-20 )
- studijní plán Civil Engineering (BD2020), skupina Building Structures, Compulsory Subjects, 4th semester (BD20200400), dop. semestr 4 (valid from 2020-21 )